NRD Companies is a global information technology and consulting group of companies specialized in governance and economic digital infrastructure development. The group specialises in development of national registries and information systems, digital and m-signature solutions, digital platforms for the financial and retail sectors, digital platforms for state revenue collection, information distribution, banking, digital licensing, digital documentation, and other economic digital infrastructure solutions.
NRD Companies is structured to deliver world-class information technology solutions in Europe, Sub-Saharan Africa, South and Southeast Asia as well as small island states at a competitive cost with a seamless implementation on the ground and provide complementary solutions and services via specialized companies.
The group structure
- Norway Registers Development is the managing company as well as legal, consulting, project leadership and know-how hub for the group based in Sandvika, Norway;
- NRD Systems (NRD UAB) is an information system development and project delivery company with core competences in state tax systems and state registry modernisation based in Vilnius, Lithuania;
- NRD East Africa is a regional sales, project leadership, project support and maintenance company for group projects across East African countries based in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania;
- NRD Rwanda is a regional sales, project leadership, project support and maintenance company for group projects in Rwanda, Burundi and Democratic Republic of the Congo;
- NRD Bangladesh is a regional sales, project leadership, project support and maintenance company for group projects in South Asia;
- ETRONIKA is among the top 100 most innovative FinTech companies in Europe, offering digital platforms for finance and retail sectors, digital and mobile signature, mobile payments, digital services for point-of-sales terminals and other services. Company is based in Vilnius, Lithuania;
- Infobank Uganda is a specialized company based in Kampala, Uganda providing information on Ugandan businesses.
Registries, mortgage offices, public procurement agencies, e-government organisations, licensing agencies, central banks, tax inspections in Europe, Sub-Saharan Africa, South and Southeast Asia as well as small island states. NRD Companies have implemented projects in more than 50 countries worldwide.
Implementation of a turnkey solution for an integrated Mauritius e-Registry Project. The project facilitated optimization of the registration and information delivery effort and costs. Mauritius Registrar-General's Department was transformed from a traditional paper based Service to an e-Service organization.
Design, implementation, operation and monitoring of the Rwanda Commercial Registration Services including Company registration, business information, registration of non-land secured transactions and registration of intellectual property rights. After the project, Rwanda went up to 8th place in the World according to WB Doing Business indicator Starting a Business and 45th place in the World in terms of ease of doing business according to WB Doing Business.
Design and implementation of an integrated One-Stop-Centre solution at National Information Technology Authority-Uganda (NITA-U) for investors, traders, and entrepreneurs to facilitate start of business in Uganda. Development of a long-term reform plan and a single digital platform.
National mobile signature wireless key infrastructure (wPKI) and solutions for Lithuanian mobile operators, created by ETRONIKA in cooperation with Lithuanian Center of Registers.
NRD Companies together with NRD Cyber Security is consulting and providing technical assistance to Bangladesh Computer Council in order to establish a national cyber security incident response team. The project includes drafting mandates, regulations, applications and launching CIRT information systems.
Norway Registers Development AS managing director
Jon Birger Fjalestad
Norway Registers Development AS director
Alvydas Arnoldas Šidlauskas
NRD Systems (UAB NRD) director
NRD East Africa director
NRD Rwanda director
NRD Bangladesh Ltd. managing director
David Kisakye Majoba
Infobank Uganda Ltd. managing director